Translate

Monday, May 18, 2009

IRON MEETING


..Is a little dinner meeting my mom and myself try to have every now and then (first it actually took place once a week, but that surely failed, we're just sooo busy.. not).

At Iron Meeting night Blodpudding is served; a very traditional Swedish dish which is made by cooking swine blood, milk, rye flour, fat, sometimes beer with a filler until it's thick enough to congeal when cooled. Nowadays people buy the already made blodpudding in the supermarket and then usually serve it with bacon, cabbage and/or lingonberry jam!

"Blood food" is very rich in iron and we usually wash it down with a or two of red wine, which also contain a high level of iron. I introduced mom to my new favorite; Sunrise Carmenere.

I sautéed yellow onion, bacon and steamed carrots, and put some lingonberry on the side! Yum!

No comments:

Post a Comment