Translate

Thursday, June 4, 2009

WHEN I WISH TO MAKE A WISH; I WAVE MY HAND WITH A BIG SWICH SWICH..

..Then I say; "I wish for fish!" And I get fish right on my dish.

(-Dr Seuss)

Summer = grilling season is here! There's even a Grilling group on Facebook ;-)
The other day I marinated tuna steaks in a mix if soy sauce, ginger and balsamic vinegar for 2 hrs. Then covered them in black and white sesame seeds. When I purchased the black sesame seeds at one of my favorite stores in town - Saffran - the woman in the store told me how good the seeds could be for you, a real source of nutrition! Read more about the goodies here :)
One has to be careful when you cook a tuna steak; it can easily overcook and become dry. I like it pan seared.

The BESTEST I've had - which I had a couple of times - is the Blackened Raw Tuna Sashimi (Pan seared and sliced with sesame chili vinaigrette, seaweed salad and wasabi) at Legal Seafood in Paramus, NJ. Yummm..

Then me and 2 friends went out for a fabulous lunch where I had "Salmon plankstek"; the fish version of the popular "Plankstek" dish here in Sweden. Where the salmon file is placed one can usually find a steak. Stek is steak in Swedish and Plank means board. Then you add mashed potatoes, tomatoes, asparagus (vegetables varries) and bearnais sauce. All the stuff on the board (which is usually made of oak for its durability) is already cooked, you then put it in the oven at 225C/437F until mashed potatoes has browned a little. Voila!

No comments:

Post a Comment